Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AmyK

Default setting margins for page numbers

I need my page numbers to appear within a 1 inch margin. My text is
appearing in this margin, but my page numbers are outside of it. Does anyone
know how to format the margins for where the page number will appear?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AmyK

Is this the same as the gutter margin? I don't see anywhere that I can
change the header/footer margin. I also read that I should just change my
bottom and side margins to increase .5" to accomodate this.

"AmyK" wrote in message
I need my page numbers to appear within a 1 inch margin. My text is
appearing in this margin, but my page numbers are outside of it. Does

anyone
know how to format the margins for where the page number will appear?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Have you tried looking in Word's Help? If you search for "header margin,"
the first hit is "Position headers and footers." The header and footer
margins are set on the Layout tab of Page Setup.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The placement of page numbers is determined by the header/footer margin.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"AmyK" wrote in message
I need my page numbers to appear within a 1 inch margin. My text is
appearing in this margin, but my page numbers are outside of it. Does

anyone
know how to format the margins for where the page number will appear?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AmyK

I see that, which is helpful for my page numbers when they appear in the
upper right hand corner. However, I'm not sure that it addresses the 1" that
I need at the bottom when the page numbers placed in the bottom center.

"AmyK" wrote in message
I need my page numbers to appear within a 1 inch margin. My text is
appearing in this margin, but my page numbers are outside of it. Does
anyone
know how to format the margins for where the page number will appear?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The footer margin will determine that. But changing the header and footer
margins will not change the location of existing page numbers inserted using
Insert | Page Numbers, which is just one reason not to use that feature. If
your page number is actually in the header or footer, it will be affected by
the change. To remove the existing page number frames, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm

"AmyK" wrote in message
I need my page numbers to appear within a 1 inch margin. My text

is
appearing in this margin, but my page numbers are outside of it.

Does
anyone
know how to format the margins for where the page number will

appear?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AmyK

Okay I've even searched for header footer margin and I only get a hit on
gutter margin. My document is a dissertation so throughout the document I
have different page numbers in different places, roman, then regular. Thus,
I didn't just "insert page number" in the document. The format check said
that my numbers were not 1" from the bottom of the page thus my delimma. BTW
I'm working with Word 2000 if that makes any difference.

"AmyK" wrote in message
I need my page numbers to appear within a 1 inch margin. My text

is
appearing in this margin, but my page numbers are outside of it.

Does
anyone
know how to format the margins for where the page number will

appear?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

So keep searching...
File Page Layout Layout (tab)

You may also want to look at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm. If you used
the Insert Page Number command (even doing special formatting for it) you
will have problems.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The footer margin will determine that. But changing the header and footer
margins will not change the location of existing page numbers inserted
using
Insert | Page Numbers, which is just one reason not to use that feature.
If
your page number is actually in the header or footer, it will be affected
by
the change. To remove the existing page number frames, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm

so
all may benefit.