Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Joseph Joseph is offline

Default Delete horizontal lines

Horizontal lines have appeared in my text in Word 2007 compatibility mode. I
can't put the cursor on them. they don't respond to backspace or delete. They
can't be treated as objects. i don't where they came from I don't find any
solution in HELP. It tells how to add lines but not how to remove them.
Perhaps I am asking the wrong question on the help screen.
I appreciate your courtesy.
Joseph
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Assuming the lines print (that is, they're not the drawing grid), see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Joseph" wrote in message
Horizontal lines have appeared in my text in Word 2007 compatibility mode.
can't put the cursor on them. they don't respond to backspace or delete.
They
can't be treated as objects. i don't where they came from I don't find
any
solution in HELP. It tells how to add lines but not how to remove them.
Perhaps I am asking the wrong question on the help screen.
I appreciate your courtesy.
Joseph

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
P W P W is offline

Default Not borders

PS: Suzanne, your method (you have copied and pasted the URL to that article a ridiculous number of times) is not the solution for this problem. It is an automatic formatting issue and is not fixed by adjusting borders.

On Tuesday, February 23, 2010 1:51 PM Joseph wrote:

Horizontal lines have appeared in my text in Word 2007 compatibility mode. I
cannot put the cursor on them. they do not respond to backspace or delete. They
cannot be treated as objects. i do not where they came from I do not find any
solution in HELP. It tells how to add lines but not how to remove them.
Perhaps I am asking the wrong question on the help screen.
I appreciate your courtesy.
Joseph

On Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:04 PM Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Assuming the lines print (that is, they are not the drawing grid), see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

http://word.mvps.org

Silverlight 4 Martin Fractals with WriteableBitmapEx
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ebitmapex.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
P W P W is offline

On Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:40 AM P W wrote:

PS: Suzanne, your method (you have copied and pasted the URL to that article a ridiculous number of times) is not the solution for this problem. It is an automatic formatting issue and is not fixed by adjusting borders.

Book Review: Google Analytics
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...analytics.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
P W P W is offline

Default Ctrl+Q

Hello!

I have suffered that problem for literally years... Hover your cursor above the annoying black line across your page and press "Ctrl+Q" and the line will go away.

'---' is an automatic formatting setting that comes as default in MS. That's fine except most people don't know how to change these settings. Go to Word Options and under Proofing look for 'AutoCorrect Options.' Search for the '---' sequence and remove it.

[...]

Using ASP.NET Session with Silverlight and WCF Services
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-services.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Have you actually read Suzanne's article? It deals with borders inserted
automatically when you type in asterisks or hyphens. That certainly
makes it closely related to the issue you are describing, assuming that
the AutoCorrect entries you mentioned do add a paragraph border.

The difference is that the AutoCorrect entries have been added by a
user, while the "auto-borders" are set by default in Word (on the
AutoFormat As You Type tab of the AutoCorrect dialog box).

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I believe that pressing Ctrl+Q is actually one of the suggestions in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm, though this may
have more effects than expected if other direct paragraph formatting has
been applied.

FWIW, I don't believe that a border could be used as the replacement text in
an AutoCorrect entry (to replace ---). I still maintain that this must be a
result of the "Automatic borders" option in AutoFormat As You Type.

http://word.mvps.org

"P W" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

FWIW, I don't believe that a border could be used as the replacement text
in an AutoCorrect entry (to replace ---). I still maintain that this must
be a result of the "Automatic borders" option in AutoFormat As You Type.

It's certainly possible to create a formatted AutoCorrect entry which works
that way. But it does seem a less likely explanation for the symptoms
described by the OP.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"P W" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

How can you create a formatted AutoText entry that adds a border to existing
text? Or are you envisioning that it adds a new (empty), bordered paragraph?

http://word.mvps.org