Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

Default How put picture NEXT to body of text?

Hi Mr. Cdcadcdac,

Interesting name. ;-)

I'll answer your other question (not quoted below) first -- "how do I
multi-post"? Well, that's difficult (impossible?) to do if you're
using the web interface at microsoft.com. I recommend Google Groups;
it's more versatile. Of course, there are 3rd party news reader
clients (like the one I use -- NewsRover), but Google Groups is quite
capable. Whichever method you choose, in the addressee box (Google
labels it "To Newsgroups"), simply list all the newsgroups to which
you want your message to get posted. That way, when someone sees your
post on any one of these groups and replies, the reply goes to all the
newsgroups you listed.

Now to the Equation Editor questions...

1) When you drop any object (of any type) into FrontPage, it uses the
default vertical alignment, which is what you're seeing. There's no
way to change the default. You can change the alignment of each
equation, but you have to do it individually. We have an "Application
Note" (tutorial) on our website that describes how to use MathType
with FrontPage, and it describes how to use relative positioning to
get the exact alignment that's appropriate for each equation. The
procedures listed will apply equally to Equation Editor (for this part
of the AppNote). Our AppNotes are at www.dessci.com/appnotes

2) Nothing you can do about that if you're using Equation Editor.
(Don't read "nothing" too literally. There IS something you can do
about it, but it's so much trouble to do, and will require at least
three applications, that I don't think you'll want to do it.) The
upgrade to Equation Editor -- MathType -- lets you save the equation
as a GIF in whatever resolution you want. Trouble is, if you save it
as a high-res GIF, then scale it down to the proper size in the
browser, it'll print great, but still look terrible on-screen. Best
practice is to save 2 copies -- one at 96 dpi and one at 300 dpi --
and use CSS to determine which one displays or prints. Better yet, in
MathType there's a feature that'll do this for you automatically, but
not from FrontPage. In Word, you can select the option to "Export to
MathPage", and MathType will take care of the rest. You don't even
have to know how to spell CSS much less know what it does. (More about
MathType and a downloadable eval at the link in my sig.)

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide

On 4-Jan-2008, cdcadcdac wrote:

1) I write an equation using €œMicrosoft Equation€ and drop
it into my Microsoft FrontPage. But when I do, the equation shifts
down when I try to preview it in FrontPage. It appears to have
something to do with that little green tab / dot. How do I keep the
equation from shifting down?

2) When I do drop the equation into my Microsoft FrontPage, the
equations resolution is terrible. I do not know why because
the equations resolution is fine until I preview FrontPage in
my browser. How do I keep the high resolution of the equation
when dropping it into FrontPage?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Not that I don't recommend an alternate newsreader ;-) but the ability to
cross-post is available when using the web interface. To do so, click the
Advanced Options link at the bottom of the post window.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word