Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MichaelRobert MichaelRobert is offline

Default Word sees 19 pages of Merge labels as one page

I have created a Merge document of 19 pages, each page having 30 labels. But
when I try to print individual pages, Word prints all 19! The activity bar at
lower left of my screen shows individual 'sections' (example 11/19) depending
on where the cursor is, by the Scroll bar shows Page 1 for all pages.

How can I set up to print just one page?

Thanks.

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It sounds as if you have mailmerged to a new document, in which case, as you
say, you will have 19 pages, each of which is page 1 in a separate section.

You should be able to print an individual page by going into File-Print (or
Office button-Print-Print in Word 2007), selecting Page range-Pages and
type e.g. p1s4 for page 4 (i.e. section 4). Selecting Current page should
also work but I could well be wroong about that.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"MichaelRobert" wrote in message
I have created a Merge document of 19 pages, each page having 30 labels.
But
when I try to print individual pages, Word prints all 19! The activity bar
at
lower left of my screen shows individual 'sections' (example 11/19)
depending
on where the cursor is, by the Scroll bar shows Page 1 for all pages.

How can I set up to print just one page?

Thanks.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MichaelRobert MichaelRobert is offline

Peter:

Thanks for the suggestion. In fact, the new document was but one page, even
though it occupied 19 sheets!.

I played around with my document and found that I had a Section Break at the
bottom of each sheet. Don't know how they got there, but as soon as I deleted
the first onme, the display showed that I then had two pages - one was one
sheet long, and the second was 18 sheets long. Find/Replace was not effective
in removing the Section Breaks (^b), so I had to remove each one manually.

Having done that, I then had a 19 page document, and I could print any page
individually.

Thanks again.

Mike

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What you had originally is what is supposed to happen and Peter indicated
how you can print individual sections of a document. There was no need to
remove the section breaks.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MichaelRobert MichaelRobert is offline

Graham:

Thanks for your comments. Checking the Current Page box did not help as the
whole single page 19 section page was printed.

I had missed Peter's 'p1s4' suggestion - it is a mich better solution than
having to delete the Section Breaks.

Thanks again.

Mike