Terri

Default Inserting multiple cliparts

I'm inserting clip arts into a Word document for
the first time. In WordPerfect, I was able to create and
format one graphic box, and then cut and paste it into my
document many more times, and then change the clip art
file for each box. Each box had all the same attributes
(size, position), and changing the clip art file name in
the box was easy.

I have inserted one clip art into my document--I now have
20 more clip arts to insert in the same way, and it's
going to take a long time to size and position each one.

Is there any way to use the clip art I've already inserted
as a boilerplate for the rest? Or some other way to speed
up this process? Also, what's the best way to get the
clip art lined up so the top of the art is at the top line
of the paragraph (kind of like a Drop Cap)? Appreciate
any help, thanks!
Terri

TF

There are several tools that you can play with that may help you here. For
alignment, you can use the Drawing layer grid and enable Snap to Grid. Open
the Drawing Toolbar and select Draw, Grid. You will find that you can
enable/disable the grid, turn it on so that it can be viewed rather than
stay invisible and you can adjust the dimensions of the grid.

Also, if you are inserting clips into Text Boxes, once you have formatted a
Text Box exactly correct, if you right-click the edge of the box and click
Set AutoShape Defaults, that setting will remain the default for the
duration of the Word session.

Also, if you hold down the Control Key, you click on the edge of a Text Box
and drag a copy off to the next location (note the little + sign on the
pointer when you hold down the Control key an drag). Similarly, you can also
click the edge of the text box to select it and then use Copy: paste it as
many times as you need it.

For positioning accuracy, if you double-click the edge of the text box, the
Format Dialog will open up. Select the Positioning tab and then click on
Advance. In the Advance dialog, you can choose exact positioning of the box
with respect to various locations (page, column, border, etc) and if you
clear the Move with Text option, the text box should adopt the same position
on every page when copy/pasted.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/