Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sam in Chicago

Default book fold in portrait orientation

I would like to create a book-fold booklet and print it out with letter size
paper (8.5x11) in both sides. That is, for each paper, there will be two
page on one side and two pages on the other side. Unlike most cases, the
pages for my booklet would be in 4.25x11 format. That is, I would like to
fold the paper in its short side, instead of its long side. Unfortunately,
Word seems only allow the users to divide the paper in its long side. When I
tried to €śpage setup€ť and chose the €śbook fold€ť under the €śpage,€ť the
orientation automatically changed to landscape. It doesnt not allow you to
choose portrait.

So I click on the €śpaper€ť tag, and reverse the width and height of the paper
size. It looks like working, but actually not. Now I have margin problem. I
have to allow at least 1.42€ť margin at both top and bottom.

My question is: Is there a safe way to use Word to create a book-fold
booklet by dividing the papers short side? (book fold, Portrait paper
orientation)

Thanks very much.

Sam in Chicago
-------------------------------
Note:

MS Publisher allows you to do so. However, it is a pain for me to use
publisher to write a long article.

Using the two column function is not a good idea either. This is because I
am going to print on both sides into a booklet, then I will have to calculate
and make special arrangement on the page orders (for example, page 5 and page
8 may on the same side of a paper).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You might try the instructions for doing this manually at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm, setting the page
orientation to Portrait instead of Landscape and adjusting the gutter
accordingly.