Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sylvia sylvia is offline

Default Word Page Layout

Can anyone please tell my why my page layout options greyed out?
--
Hoping someone out there can help me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 05:52:01 -0800, Sylvia
wrote:

Can anyone please tell my why my page layout options greyed out?
--
Hoping someone out there can help me.

We'd need more information:

- What version of Word are you using? And what version of Windows?

- Does this happen only in one document or in all of them? How about in a new
blank document?

- What printer is selected as the default print? (Yes, that can make a
difference.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sylvia sylvia is offline

Hi Jay,
Firstly I'm using Windows XP
My Software is Office Enterprise 2007
For some reason it is happening on each and every document I open. On the
screen there is a blue dotted box line around any text I type which I now
think is a frame because when I right click on the blue dotted line it
appears that I can format this frame, if I remove frame I am then able to
access page layout, how can I stop this coming on each and every new document?
Regards,
Sylvia

--

wrote:

Can anyone please tell my why my page layout options greyed out?
--
Hoping someone out there can help me.

We'd need more information:

- What version of Word are you using? And what version of Windows?

- Does this happen only in one document or in all of them? How about in a new
blank document?

- What printer is selected as the default print? (Yes, that can make a
difference.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See the article "Why is my "Blank Document" not blank?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ocNotBlank.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote:

Can anyone please tell my why my page layout options greyed out?
--
Hoping someone out there can help me.

We'd need more information:

- What version of Word are you using? And what version of Windows?

- Does this happen only in one document or in all of them? How about in a
new
blank document?

- What printer is selected as the default print? (Yes, that can make a
difference.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Sylvia,

Doug Robbins is correct, the solution is at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm. I just want to add
a small modification and the reasoning behind this.

The modification is that you need to change the file "Normal.dotm" rather
than "Normal.dot". This is a difference between Word 2007 and previous
versions. You should be able to find and open that file with the Open dialog
(Ctrl+O) by clicking the Trusted Templates icon on the left side of the
dialog.

The frame is paragraph formatting, and it has accidentally become applied to
the empty paragraph mark in your Normal.dotm template. The fix is to remove
the formatting from that template.

wrote:

Can anyone please tell my why my page layout options greyed out?
--
Hoping someone out there can help me.

We'd need more information:

- What version of Word are you using? And what version of Windows?

- Does this happen only in one document or in all of them? How about
in a new
blank document?

- What printer is selected as the default print? (Yes, that can make
difference.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman