Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark S. Mark S. is offline

Default Deleting Recent Documents on Office Button

I have eliminated "Recent Docs" from the Start Menu but I still see the list
when I click the Office Button to save docs etc. How can I elimate this list
or at least make it invisible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Mark,

MS turned off the feature previously in Word that could do this by pointing and clicking on a 'bad' entry. If you want to remove
individual entries you can use an addin such as the one at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm
(download version is at the bottom of that article)
or if you want to turn off the list you can do that in Word 2007's options
(Alt, T, O, A) scroll down in the Advanced options to 'Display' and zero out the 'Show this number of Recent Documents'

=================

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark S. Mark S. is offline

Thanks for the suggestions, Bob. I'll go ahead and try the OPTIONS route
since I'm not that tech savvy. BTW, I subscribe to this excellent
OfficeOnlineCommunity and I also subscribe to WVistaCommunity. Are these two
communities one and the same? This concerns me because I may be double
posting questions needlessly. Perhaps I should withdraw from one of them.

"Mark S." wrote in message ...
I have eliminated "Recent Docs" from the Start Menu but I still see the list
when I click the Office Button to save docs etc. How can I elimate this list
or at least make it invisible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Both the Office Online Community and (I assume) the Vista Community are
merely Web portals to Usenet newsgroups; there are dozens of NGs for Word
alone, plus all the other Office apps, and there seem to also be dozens of
NGs with Vista in the name. Although it's quite possible that some readers
may see your questions in both, I wouldn't think there would be much overlap
between Office and Vista NGs or questions. As long as you ask questions
about Vista in the Vista NGs and questions about Word in the Word NGs, you
should not encounter problems.