Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Larry B Larry B is offline

Default Pasting signature image has gray background

I have Office XP and I have scanned an image (jpg) of my signature in order
to paste it onto a letter. However, the image box background always has a
faint gray background that does show on the printed page but is not there on
the monitor. I have played with the image contrast to eliminate it and it
apparently is not in the image itself.

Any suggestions?? Thanks, Larry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You need to open the signature ion a graphics editor (such as PaintShopPro)
and set the background to transparent.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Larry B" wrote in message
I have Office XP and I have scanned an image (jpg) of my signature in order
to paste it onto a letter. However, the image box background always has a
faint gray background that does show on the printed page but is not there
on the monitor. I have played with the image contrast to eliminate it and
it apparently is not in the image itself.

Any suggestions?? Thanks, Larry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Larry B Larry B is offline

Just wanted to thank you for your help. Turns out that the signature was an
image within a Word doc. and I used my ol' trusty Photo Editor to make the
background transparent. Thanks again.