Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John Selman John Selman is offline

Default changing layout in one section affects the whole document.

I have both 'continuous' and 'new page' type section breaks in my document.
Any layout changes in one section affects the other sections. How can I lock
the layout within a section? Help!
--
John Selman
Scottsdale, AZ
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What layout changes are you referring to? What happens in the other
sections?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"John Selman" wrote in message
I have both 'continuous' and 'new page' type section breaks in my document.
Any layout changes in one section affects the other sections. How can I
lock
the layout within a section? Help!
--
John Selman
Scottsdale, AZ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John Selman John Selman is offline

The previous sections take on the new section's formatting. I am OK now as I
found complete coverage of section and page formatting in an 'Office Online'
article by Stephanie Krieger. I must have been deleting the last paragraph
mark sometimes. I found out that the formatting is contained in that mark!
Live and learn....
Thanks for the reply.
--
John Selman
Scottsdale, AZ

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

What layout changes are you referring to? What happens in the other
sections?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"John Selman" wrote in message
I have both 'continuous' and 'new page' type section breaks in my document.
Any layout changes in one section affects the other sections. How can I
lock
the layout within a section? Help!
--
John Selman
Scottsdale, AZ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John Selman John Selman is offline

I was wrong. Section and page breaks still don't seem to hold. If I insert
a tab stop in section 35 on page 62 it will affect every section in every
page back to page one. Almost all of my section breaks are "next page" but
the don't seem to have any effect except to force a new page. I cannot
format by sections, only by the entire document. I have a deadline to create
a yearbook for my wife's sorority and I won't be able to do it. I used to
do this kind of document with no problems but that was then.
--
John Selman
Scottsdale, AZ