Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Allison Allison is offline

Default Printing SP Instead of Horizontal Line

Word 2003 SP3 prints horizontal lines on a form when I send it to print from
my computer. However, a co-worker sends the same document to the same printer
and gets SP on each line that should be a horizontal border. I checked
Tools Options - Print and I don't see any differences between our setup. I
appreciate any suggestions!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Allison Allison is offline

Yes, I just double-checked the driver is the same version.
Just to clarify, both the sp and the horizontal border print.
Again, I appreciate your help!

allison wrote:
Word 2003 SP3 prints horizontal lines on a form when I send it to
print from my computer. However, a co-worker sends the same document
to the same printer and gets SP on each line that should be a
horizontal border. I checked Tools Options - Print and I don't see
any differences between our setup. I appreciate any suggestions!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

This is something - or very similar to something - that I have seen reported
maybe half a dozen times. I think that the sp is reflecting the
placeholder character used for the graphic and I think it must be being
shown as a result of some corruption - either in the document, or perhaps
the users settings in the registry.

I would be interested to see the document if it is not confidential.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"allison" wrote in message
Word 2003 SP3 prints horizontal lines on a form when I send it to print
from
my computer. However, a co-worker sends the same document to the same
printer
and gets SP on each line that should be a horizontal border. I checked
Tools Options - Print and I don't see any differences between our
setup. I
appreciate any suggestions!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Allison Allison is offline

Thanks to your reply in another post about this same issue, IT'S FIXED!

Tony wrote:

I would have to agree that the user's profile is where the problem is in
this case. My first guess is that it's somewhere in the Word Data registry
key (HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\(version)\Word\Dat a) - try renaming the
Settings value, Word will create a fresh one.

"allison" wrote in message
Word 2003 SP3 prints horizontal lines on a form when I send it to print
from
my computer. However, a co-worker sends the same document to the same
printer
and gets SP on each line that should be a horizontal border. I checked
Tools Options - Print and I don't see any differences between our
setup. I
appreciate any suggestions!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I did get your e-mail, thank you, Allison,but have been rather pre-occupied
of late. I couldn't see anything odd about your document, and it is
beginning to look as though this rather strange error is caused, at least
some of the time, by a registry problem. I'm glad you have solved your
problem, and thank you for posting back.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com