Gogs

Default Identifier in Comments

I have a document that contains comments. Unfortunately the document is
permanently displaying the identifier of each comment on the actual document
ie. [g1], [g2] etc for comments made by myself. I have a similar document
that also has comments but only displays the identifier when the reviewing
pane is open.

Is there somewhere that I can toggle off these identifiers being displayed?

Thanks
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?R29ncw==?=,

I have a document that contains comments. Unfortunately the document is
permanently displaying the identifier of each comment on the actual document
ie. [g1], [g2] etc for comments made by myself. I have a similar document
that also has comments but only displays the identifier when the reviewing
pane is open.

Is there somewhere that I can toggle off these identifiers being displayed?

Version of Word?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?R29ncw==?=,

Word 2003.

I have a document that contains comments. Unfortunately the document is
permanently displaying the identifier of each comment on the actual document
ie. [g1], [g2] etc for comments made by myself. I have a similar document
that also has comments but only displays the identifier when the reviewing
pane is open.

Is there somewhere that I can toggle off these identifiers being displayed?

OK, I think I know what's happening. The document where you don't see the
identifiers was probably created in an earlier version of Word? In earlier versions
(pre-2002, I think), the style CommentReference was formatted as "hidden". In late
versions, it's not. If you change the style definition, the identifiers should
disappear.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Gogs

It works!!!! Brilliant!!!!

Thanks for that Cindy.

Gogs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LairdofSleaford

Cindy

Could you explain what you mean by changing the 'Style Definition', please?
It sounds like the answer to a problem I am having and have not been able to
get an answer to!

Regards

LoS

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?R29ncw==?=,

Word 2003.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html. The style you
want to modify is the Comment Reference character style, formatting it as
Font: Hidden.

"LairdofSleaford" wrote in
message news
Cindy

Could you explain what you mean by changing the 'Style Definition',
please?
It sounds like the answer to a problem I am having and have not been able

get an answer to!

Regards

LoS

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?R29ncw==?=,

Word 2003.

[...]

or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LairdofSleaford

Great! I now have found how to lose the identifier for the reviewer. Do you
know if it is possible to get the text you have 'commented' not to have
brackets?

Regards

Gordon

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html. The style you
want to modify is the Comment Reference character style, formatting it as
Font: Hidden.

"LairdofSleaford" wrote in
message news
Cindy

Could you explain what you mean by changing the 'Style Definition',

please?
It sounds like the answer to a problem I am having and have not been able

get an answer to!

Regards

LoS

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?R29ncw==?=,

Word 2003.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No, and in fact I found that (a) when I tried this, Word switched on the
display of Hidden text even when I had other nonprinting characters hidden,
and (b) although the comment identifier was hidden in the document itself,
it was still displayed in the comment balloon.

"LairdofSleaford" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html. The style

you
want to modify is the Comment Reference character style, formatting it

as
Font: Hidden.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"LairdofSleaford" wrote in
message news
Cindy

Could you explain what you mean by changing the 'Style Definition',

please?
It sounds like the answer to a problem I am having and have not been

able
get an answer to!

Regards

LoS

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?R29ncw==?=,

Word 2003.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rose

yes, its making me insane. If anyone ever comes up with a way around this...
I'd love to hear it.

rose

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html. The style

you
want to modify is the Comment Reference character style, formatting it

as
Font: Hidden.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"LairdofSleaford" wrote in
message news Cindy

Could you explain what you mean by changing the 'Style Definition',
please?
It sounds like the answer to a problem I am having and have not been

able
get an answer to!

Regards

LoS