Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
erik_gregory erik_gregory is offline

Default Running Macros--Sometimes Can, Othertimes Can't

Word 2003--XP

When I record a macro in a blank (Normal.dot) template, I can run it just
fine. But when I record that same macro in a template I've created and
attempt to run it, I get an error message saying macros in this project are
disabled. The security settings and everything I can think of matches between
Normal.dot and my template. Can someone suggest another possible reason why
this happens? Many thanx!

Erik
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Is the template in either the user templates folder (or sub folder of that
folder) or in the Word Startup Folder? If not, depending on your macro
security, you should get a warning. The warning you are getting suggests you
have macro security set to high. Change that to medium and you should be
able to run the macros wherever you have saved the template - albeit with a
warning message.

erik_gregory wrote:
Word 2003--XP

When I record a macro in a blank (Normal.dot) template, I can run it
just fine. But when I record that same macro in a template I've
created and attempt to run it, I get an error message saying macros
in this project are disabled. The security settings and everything I
can think of matches between Normal.dot and my template. Can someone
suggest another possible reason why this happens? Many thanx!

Erik

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
erik_gregory erik_gregory is offline

Thanx for responding. The template that won't run the macros is not in the
templates folder or the Word startup folder, but just another directory in My
Documents. Setting the macros security setting to medium or low changes
nothing--still get the error message. Please advise if you have any further
followup with thanx.