Drow

Default Word needs a "next" icon in previewing document pages.

There should be a 'next' icon on the tools menu so document pages can be
previewed page by page. I used MicroSoft Office that came with windoes '98
before I upgraded to Word 2003 and trust me, World 2003 really sucks.

On an additional note: The things that worked in previous Software versions
should not be changed, like creating Calendars, previewing documents. These
are examples that I find faults with so far. In Word 2003, I have to adhere
to the few Calendar choices available, and previewing a document is more work
now than in the '98 version.

Microsoft should keep the Calendar and document previewing options of the
'98 version in the Word 2003, and simply add whatever upgrades they wanted to
add to the Word 2003.

Upgrading should not be about changing what works really well in the past.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RHJvdw==?=,

There should be a 'next' icon on the tools menu so document pages can be
previewed page by page.

I'm not sure I'd want to open the Tools menu every time I want to view the

What did you use in previous versions of Word (exact command or keyboard
combination, and in which version of Word)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

CyberTaz

Hi Drow-

I would hardly argue that Word 2003 is everything anyone could ask for, but
thre are certainly some differences compared to prior versions... especially
those that precede Word XP. Some degree of 'culture shock' is to be expected
if you upgraded directly from a version older than Word 2000.

However, different does not necessarily translate to either better or worse.
You might want to take a few minutes to learn about your new software rather
than immediately bashing it because it is different from what you are used
to. After all, why come out with something new if it is the same as what it
was?

For example: you have obviously not looked beyond your local Calendar
Wizard. Instead of loading you up with a lot of disk-consuming templates you
may never use, MS has provided some great stuff to download on an 'as
needed/wanted' basis... for free. Take a look at:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...653371033.aspx

and you'll find 16 calendar templates for 2006 alone, and that doesn't
include those that are available for 2005 & prior years.

Regards |:)

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
creating forms Fluffypink Microsoft Word Help 4 March 9th 05 04:17 PM