JamieW JamieW is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Word 2003 Form Fill vs Read Only

I have created a document in Word 2003 which I need users to only fill in the form which also includes drop down boxes. I have protected the form using the Form Fill option.
How can I prevent users from being able to insert paragraphs in the form? If they hit "Enter" rather than "Tab" after entering info, it inserts a new paragraph right in the middle of the form field. If I select read only as the protection, the drop down boxes are not available for use & then tab does not move the user from field to field
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2003 Form Fill vs Read Only

Usually, form designers put fields inside table cells whose dimensions are
fixed. Although this won't prevent users from pressing Enter excessively,
most people will stop when they notice that the text disappears into the
bottom cell margin.

If you want a macro solution, see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211219/en-us/ (How to code the ENTER key to
move between form fields in a protected form in Word).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP