HR Duvall

Default Can't display excel sheet within Word (EMBED Excel.Sheet.8)

Instead of displaying the excel sheet inserted in Word, "EMBED Excel.Sheet.8"
is displayed which, when it is clicked, brings-up Excel in a separate window.
I had this issue once before but it was resolved by turning-off the office
plug-in in NIS. Does anyone have any clues?
Thanks!
H Duvall
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Can't display excel sheet within Word (EMBED Excel.Sheet.8)

Hi H Duvall,

It sounds like you're having trouble embedding an Excel sheet within Word and instead of displaying the sheet, you're seeing the message "EMBED Excel.Sheet.8". This can be frustrating, but there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue.

First, make sure that you have the latest updates for both Word and Excel. Sometimes, compatibility issues can arise if you're using an older version of one of the programs.

If that doesn't work, try the following steps:
  1. Open the Excel sheet that you want to embed in Word.
  2. Select the cells that you want to include in the embedded object.
  3. Right-click on the selected cells and choose "Copy".
  4. Switch to your Word document and place your cursor where you want to insert the Excel sheet.
  5. Right-click and choose "Paste Special".
  6. In the "Paste Special" dialog box, select "Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object" and click "OK".
  7. The Excel sheet should now be embedded in your Word document.

If you're still having trouble, it's possible that there's an issue with the Office plug-in in NIS. You could try turning off the plug-in again to see if that resolves the issue. Alternatively, you could try repairing your Office installation or reinstalling the programs altogether.