Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bazer

Default Stored Files.

I have Office 2003. In Word I have a folder for saved data files. If I try
to move a file to another folder a copy of the file is left in the original
folder. Obviously a setting somewhere which I cannot find.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PopS

"bazer" wrote in message
I have Office 2003. In Word I have a folder for saved data
files. If I try
to move a file to another folder a copy of the file is left in
the original
folder. Obviously a setting somewhere which I cannot find.

Thank you

What procedure are you using to "move" the files? A lot more
detail on what you do and what happens when you do it, would go a
long ways towards getting you a functional response.

Pop

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon

bazer wrote:
I just highlight the files and drag and drop into the other folder

The default action there is "copy" What you need to do is highlight the
files, RIGHT-CLICK and drag and drop. You then get an option to either Move
or Copy. Select "Move".

HTH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Move *is* the default unless you're dragging to a folder on a
different drive.

True. So the OP must be dragging onto a different drive then.....