Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Johan

Default Word pagination in center margins rather than page.bottom.

Word permitts pagination at the top or bottom, not in the margins. I find
having page numbers appearing in the center, outside margins of books
(fiction & non-fiction) more easily read and located faster.

Why the need? Some page numbers are not easily apparent because some
illustration, photograph, artwork, etc. extends to page bottom, outside any
footer. I have yet to find such instances of this difficulty with page
numbers on the center, outside margins.

Also, when opening a book, page numbers on the center, outside margins jumps
out and is more visibly appealing.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you very kindly!

Johan
San Jose, CA

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

You can put the page number anywhere you like. Anchor a textbox to the
header or footer, and put your { PAGE } field in that.