Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cdn263 Cdn263 is offline

Default Citation-one author several works

I really need some advice please. How can I get Word to include the short
title in the citations for several works by the same author? It does not seem
to recognize that it is including the same citation for three different works?
Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I can't get Word to _not_ include the title (I've never used the Short
Title line) in a citation when using "Chicago" style -- even though
Chicago style doesn't do that. (Chicago style uses 2000a, 2000b).
Which style is supposed to do that but doesn't?

You may have to fix your manually, as I have to do mine: Hover over
the citation until a frame appears around it, then click the arrow to
get the menu and choose Edit Citation. You should then get a box to
check to include the title. (But not the short title?)

On Mar 26, 1:04*am, Cdn263 wrote:
I really need some advice please. How can I get Word to include the short
title in the citations for several works by the same author? It does not seem
to recognize that it is including the same citation for three different works?
Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

There are no switches in Word to include extra source fields into citations
and/or bibliographies. Under "Edit Citation..." there are some switches to
suppress the author, title, or year of in-text citations, but that's it.

If you want to add the shorttitle to your in-text citations, you will either
have to look into the predefined referencing styles that come with Word, or
you will have to create your own style. The latter is possible if you have
some xslt knowledge. If you need more information on that subject, post
another message or check out the website in my signature.

Yves
--
BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styles
http://bibword.codeplex.com