Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BecO BecO is offline

Default Show/hide is showing although the button isn't selected- word 2007

I cant get rid of the show/hide option even though the button isn't selected.
Does anyone know how to fix it? I have tried shutting down the computer but
it hasn't helped. This isn't a problem for other account users on this
computer.
Thanks,
Bec
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Show/Hide ¶ button toggles the display between showing ALL nonprinting
characters (formatting marks) and those that are specifically selected in
Tools | Options | View or Office Button | Word Options | Display.

http://word.mvps.org

"BecO" wrote in message
I cant get rid of the show/hide option even though the button isn't
selected.
Does anyone know how to fix it? I have tried shutting down the computer
but
it hasn't helped. This isn't a problem for other account users on this
computer.
Thanks,
Bec

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Go to Tools Options View (or in Word 2007 go to Office button Word
Options Display) and make sure all the checkboxes for tabs, spaces,
paragraph marks, etc. are unchecked. The show/hide button only changes the
setting of the All checkbox and ignores any of the others that are
separately checked.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman