Nested table is cut randomly after several pages

Old July 1st 19, 09:33 AM
g_cast g_cast is offline

Default Nested table is cut randomly after several pages

Dear all,

I am working on a nested table and I am having a weird problem.

Actually, the outer table is 1 row and two columns, in each cell I have pasted a table of 2 columns x around 50 rows.

In the file only the first 20 rows of the nested table are shown, like the outer table was in limit of space.

If I paste the inner table outside the outer table, I see it all.

How can I solve this?

Best
Giulio
Old July 30th 19, 03:45 PM
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline

Originally Posted by g_cast View Post
In the file only the first 20 rows of the nested table are shown, like the outer table was in limit of space.
Hi, Giulio,

I've also recently started working with a setup of nested tables, outer 1 row by three columns, and the left-side cell contains a detailed table.

I'm by no means an expert, maybe more fledgling than you are, but I would suggest you select the outer table, which generally means you want to highlight contents of both columns of the outer, then right mouse click and look for Table Properties.

1. Look at the settings for Row Height (give it an "at least" height of the height of the rows of your inner table, plus if that table will ever have extended text that will wrap it, will that wrapped content fit?)

2. Look at the Default Cell Margins for the outer table. I think mine defaulted to 0" top and bottom and .008" left and right. You could also try clicking on the "automatically resize to fit contents" option and see if that works for your purposes.

Then I'd look at your inner table and examine the same settings.

Also, hopefully you've looked at it with "Show Formatting" (the paragraph symbol on the Home ribbon) to make sure your outer table doesn't hold some invisible content that would affect its size and accommodation of the inner table.

I see this post is older, but I haven't seen any replies, so I wondered whether you'd worked it out.

Best,

Ann

Working with a nesting table from inside a nested table - switchingrows. TimvG Tables 0 December 8th 09 12:03 PM
Nested Table Bill Tables 0 August 10th 09 04:04 PM
What is a nested table? mamaali3 New Users 1 August 3rd 08 06:56 AM
Nested Tables - printing problem on multiple pages Victor_alb Tables 0 April 3rd 07 06:36 AM
Mail merge randomly shifting pages TeresaD Mailmerge 2 November 14th 06 07:49 PM