How many bibliographic references can you manage with Word?

Old June 17th 19, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Default How many bibliographic references can you manage with Word?

Many thanks!

Patrizia
Old June 17th 19, 06:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

In my experience, the Bibliography file is effectively unlimited in size,
but as it grows and grows, its operation can slow down. Perhaps there is
some such limit as 64K references?

Many thanks!

Old June 18th 19, 09:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 7:54:56 PM UTC+2, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
In my experience, the Bibliography file is effectively unlimited in size,
but as it grows and grows, its operation can slow down. Perhaps there is
some such limit as 64K references?

On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 12:29:51 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Many thanks!

Well, 64k is doable!

Many thanks

Patrizia
Old June 18th 19, 01:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

You can also have more than one Bibliography file, in case you're doing
more than one huge project with little overlap. You choose between them
with the "Sources" button in the main Bibliography panel, but creating a
new one does, as far as I've discovered, require digging down into the
AppData - Roaming portion of your User compartment inside Windows. (Make a
copy of your existing Sources file in some other folder, rename it, delete
everything in it, move it into the folder with the original one, and start
adding references.)

Old June 18th 19, 04:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 2:10:38 PM UTC+2, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
[...]

Hi again, you are really kind and helpful. Thank you, I will do.

Patrizia