Replace minus signs

Old July 9th 19, 03:51 PM
Petrache Petrache is offline

Default Replace minus signs

I'm writing a long text whith a lot of dialogues. I used minus signs instead long dashes at you can see in the attachement. How can I replace them all?
Attached Files
File Type: txt Cratime.txt (262 Bytes, 9 views)
Old July 9th 19, 09:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Simply use Find-Replace (Ctrl-H). If you don't remember how you typed your
minus signs, just copy one of them and paste it into the Find box; then
type in the Replace With box whatever you want to replace them with; and
click Replace All.

On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 3:31:05 PM UTC-4, Petrache wrote:
I'm writing a long text whith a lot of dialogues. I used minus signs
instead long dashes at you can see in the attachement. How can I replace
them all?

|Filename: Cratime.txt |
|Download: http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=239|

Old July 9th 19, 10:25 PM
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline

Originally Posted by Petrache View Post
I'm writing a long text whith a lot of dialogues. I used minus signs instead long dashes at you can see in the attachement. How can I replace them all?
In Word, go to Replace (far right of the Home ribbon or old-school, ALT +E+E (hold down alt key, tap E key twice).

Click on the dropdown that says "Special." Toward the middle of the dropdown, there are selections for the "em" (long dash) and the "en" (shorter) one. You could simply replace the minus sign with the em-dash. You could also type "-" in the "Find what" field and "^+" in the "Replace with" field.
Old July 11th 19, 05:56 AM
Petrache Petrache is offline

Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
Simply use Find-Replace (Ctrl-H). If you don't remember how you typed your
minus signs, just copy one of them and paste it into the Find box; then
type in the Replace With box whatever you want to replace them with; and
click Replace All.
Unfortunately, your solution don't work. Find-replace is changing characters inside text only! And it's impossible to select and replace that minus signs in front of the rows, because they are seen as bullets.
Old July 11th 19, 12:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

You are now talking about all sorts of other things that had nothing to
do with your question.

Old July 11th 19, 04:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ammammata

Il giorno Thu 11 Jul 2019 06:56:29a, *Petrache* ha inviato su
microsoft.public.word.docmanagement il messaggio
. Vediamo cosa ha scritto:

And it's impossible to select and replace
that minus signs in front of the rows, because they are seen as bullets.

manually

un-bullet all your dialogues and replace with your favorite sign

--

Old July 11th 19, 05:36 PM
Petrache Petrache is offline

Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
You are now talking about all sorts of other things that had nothing to do with your question.
OK, thanks a lot.