Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Merresa Merresa is offline

Default I can't highlight a "Section break (next page)" to delete it.

Each page of my document must be a separate section. I'm having a problem
highlighting the "Section break (next page)" to bring 2-column text back
under the one-column heading.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Are there footnotes involved? If so, see €śSection break causes an unexpected
page break in Word€ť at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292074

If not, instead of deleting the section break, place the insertion point
after it, then go to the Layout tab of Page Setup and change the section
start type to Continuous.

"Merresa" wrote in message
Each page of my document must be a separate section. I'm having a problem
highlighting the "Section break (next page)" to bring 2-column text back
under the one-column heading.

Scott Am4 Scott Am4 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merresa View Post
Each page of my document must be a separate section. I'm having a problem
highlighting the "Section break (next page)" to bring 2-column text back
under the one-column heading.
Here's what to do: Place your cursor beyond the section break - at a place past the section break. Say you have two pages, and at the end of page one is a section break. Place your cursor at the top of page two, then highlight backwards until you cover the section break!! This should do the trick. You can then delete as you choose.