Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tracey Deskin Tracey Deskin is offline

Default Activation of trial version

The activation wizard keeps saying that it cannot find an internet
connection, but I'm connected. I can't use any of the products until I
activate it! Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mikal Mikal is offline

"Tracey Deskin" wrote:

The activation wizard keeps saying that it cannot find an internet
connection, but I'm connected. I can't use any of the products until I
activate it! Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mikal Mikal is offline

I'm having the same problem. I wrote Microsoft, and was nicely told that I
don't have any support from them in figuring this out. I'm reinstalling
Office and the Beta 2 upgrade to see if I get a different result. This is
very frustrating when I know that there's nothing wrong with my internet
connection.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mikal Mikal is offline

Now, I'm repeatedly getting a prompt that says activation maintenance is
offline, and to try again in a few minutes.

I tried this about 10 times yesterday before Microsoft Office switched to
reduced-functionality mode. That's why I removed and reinstalled the whole
thing.

I just downloaded this two days ago because I know that I'm going to buy
Office 2007. I'm getting pretty frustrated. I'm down to 33 prompts to
activate before reduced-functionality kicks in again. Will I have to keep
uninstalling and reinstalling this software until 2007 is released?!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vincent Vincent is offline

I have the same problem as yours. I called Microsoft. They told me that
they do not support Office Professional Plus 2007 Beta 2.

Microsoft sucks!

"Tracey Deskin" wrote:

The activation wizard keeps saying that it cannot find an internet
connection, but I'm connected. I can't use any of the products until I
activate it! Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tracey Deskin Tracey Deskin is offline

I've read through all of the other posts from people having the same
problems, and no one actually says if they found a solution to this
problem......... If so many people are having issues with this, I don't think
that I want to buy anything anymore........ especially if MS isn't going to
help.......

"Mikal" wrote in message
I'm having the same problem. I wrote Microsoft, and was nicely told that

don't have any support from them in figuring this out. I'm reinstalling
Office and the Beta 2 upgrade to see if I get a different result. This is
very frustrating when I know that there's nothing wrong with my internet
connection.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Actually, Mikal is correct -- the Product Support group does *not*
provide support of any kind for Office 2007 Beta, because it isn't
released software.

Normally it might be possible to prevail on the Office beta folks to
help, but the beta is officially closing tomorrow. The activation
servers started causing trouble over the weekend, but that should have
been fixed -- just in time to be shut down.

If you have a copy of the Office beta installed, it will continue to
work until after the official release -- IIRC, it will refuse to run
after some time in March 2007. If you don't have it installed now,
it's probably just too late.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Mikal" wrote in message
I'm having the same problem. I wrote Microsoft, and was nicely told that

don't have any support from them in figuring this out. I'm reinstalling
Office and the Beta 2 upgrade to see if I get a different result. This is
very frustrating when I know that there's nothing wrong with my internet
connection.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mikal Mikal is offline

The "thread drift" is probably my fault. I typed "Office 2007" in the
discussion group search box, and Tracey's problem appeared first. It was
similar to mine. I thought I was on the right thread! Mea Culpa.

Sorry, Tracey. But thanks to everyone else who is trying to help. I
re-installed 2007, but no luck with activation yet. The info about the
servers was illuminating. If I have to keep reinstalling Office until March,
so be it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mom.com mom.com is offline

Oh goodie am I in for this mess also. I am downloading the trial upgrade to
2003 as I type this.
But this part should help you. I just read it:
Thank your for registering for the free 60 day trial of Microsoft® Office
Standard Edition 2003. Please note that Microsoft does not provide
technical or other support for this trial software. And, you must have your
existing Microsoft Office back-up media if you choose to return to a previous
edition of Microsoft Office after using this trial.

--
Are you ready for this...?