Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Frankie

Default Confirm each email when running mail merge

I tested merge to email before running a larger mail merge and was not
prompted to confirm each email. However, when I ran the large mail merge I
had to confirm each email.

Is this because some of the addresses are outside the company and/or the
main document and datasource were created by someone else other than the
final sender of the email?

I would prefer not to use third party software to avoid this.

Thanks for at least an answer as to why this occurred the second time but
not during my test.

--
Frankie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

It probably did not happen during your test because then you were probably
sending the emails manually.

The warning comes up (for security purposes) when "another program" is
attempting to send messages.

To avoid having to click Yes on each occasion, you will need to use
something like the "Express ClickYes" utility that is available as a free
download from:
http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Frankie" wrote in message
I tested merge to email before running a larger mail merge and was not
prompted to confirm each email. However, when I ran the large mail merge I
had to confirm each email.

Is this because some of the addresses are outside the company and/or the
main document and datasource were created by someone else other than the
final sender of the email?

I would prefer not to use third party software to avoid this.

Thanks for at least an answer as to why this occurred the second time but
not during my test.

--
Frankie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Frankie

Thanks Doug. I thought I was doing the same thing during my test but it was
only to 3 other users in I/S. I did see the article on ExpressClickYes so we
can check it out if and when we need it.
--
Frankie

"Frankie" wrote in message
I tested merge to email before running a larger mail merge and was not
prompted to confirm each email. However, when I ran the large mail merge I
had to confirm each email.

Is this because some of the addresses are outside the company and/or the
main document and datasource were created by someone else other than the
final sender of the email?

I would prefer not to use third party software to avoid this.

Thanks for at least an answer as to why this occurred the second time but
not during my test.

--
Frankie

Sending Mail Merge to Email to Multiple Recipients in the Same Mes Mark V Mailmerge 13 April 21st 23 05:06 PM
Email Mail Merge messages to different addresses Wayne Mailmerge 1 September 9th 05 09:37 PM
How keep my Word format when I mail merge to email? nonprofitCDS Mailmerge 2 June 7th 05 12:51 PM
email a mail merge Dan Mailmerge 2 March 10th 05 10:06 PM
including email message with "mail merge with attachment" Lu Mailmerge 0 February 17th 05 09:51 PM