Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ADKR ADKR is offline

Default Adding "New" and "Open" to Start Menu - Windows 7

I am using Word 2007 with Windows 7. I cannot find a way to add "New Office
Document" or "Open Office Document" to the Start Menu. I was able to do this
in Vista and XP. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not really a Word issue, but if you click on the Windows Start button and
then on all programs and locate the New Office Document and Open Office
Document items, you can right click on them and select Pin to Start Menu or
Pin to Task Bar.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"ADKR" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007 with Windows 7. I cannot find a way to add "New
Office
Document" or "Open Office Document" to the Start Menu. I was able to do
this
in Vista and XP. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ADKR ADKR is offline

Thanks for the answer. I also posted this on the Windows 7 Forum site.
The problem is that with Win 7 there is no option of "new" or "open" to pin
to the start menu using All Programs.

"ADKR" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007 with Windows 7. I cannot find a way to add "New
Office
Document" or "Open Office Document" to the Start Menu. I was able to do
this
in Vista and XP. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Perhaps you could create a shortcut to the Normal template and pin that
shortcut to the Start menu (or Taskbar)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ADKR" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007 with Windows 7. I cannot find a way to add "New
Office
Document" or "Open Office Document" to the Start Menu. I was able to
do
this
in Vista and XP. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I am not sure what version of Windows 7 you are using, but in Windows 7
Professional, those options do appear when I click on either the New Office
Document or Open Office Document items after clicking on All Programs from
the Windows Start button.