Bryan

Default Autotext Headings

Greetings,

Is there a way to create a new Autotext heading to store my new Autotext
entries. I see that "Attention Line", "Closing", "Header/Footer" are some of
the preset headings, could I name one "MyTopics" if I wanted to and then
store Autotext choices under it?

Thanks,
Pat Garard

G'Day Bryan,

Yes!

Note that formatting may be stored as well. You
could create a layout in Word that includes
differing fonts, sizes, bolding etc., and then
select it and store it as "WhatEverNameYouLike".

Make sure that you include the Paragraph Mark(s)
in your selection.

It can include Tables etc as well
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Bryan" wrote in message
Greetings,

Is there a way to create a new Autotext heading to store my new Autotext
entries. I see that "Attention Line", "Closing", "Header/Footer" are some
of
the preset headings, could I name one "MyTopics" if I wanted to and then
store Autotext choices under it?

Thanks,

Jay Freedman

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:53:05 -0800, "Bryan"
wrote:

Greetings,

Is there a way to create a new Autotext heading to store my new Autotext
entries. I see that "Attention Line", "Closing", "Header/Footer" are some of
the preset headings, could I name one "MyTopics" if I wanted to and then
store Autotext choices under it?

Thanks,

The categories in the AutoText menu are the names of the paragraph
styles the items had when they were stored. To create a new category,
define a new style (it doesn't have to have any formatting different
from Normal, just a new name) and apply that style to the text before
you store it as an AutoText.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...n/AutoText.htm for more
info.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Charles Kenyon

Yes. Use different styles. The styles may be created just for this purpose
and need not differ from your body text style. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm.

Note that unless you want to include formatting in your AutoText entries
(and import these styles, do not include paragraph marks in your selections
when you add the entries.

See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step
instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations
including AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros,
etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Bryan" wrote in message
Greetings,

Is there a way to create a new Autotext heading to store my new Autotext
entries. I see that "Attention Line", "Closing", "Header/Footer" are some
of
the preset headings, could I name one "MyTopics" if I wanted to and then
store Autotext choices under it?

Thanks,

Bryan

Thank you all very much for the help, it works GREAT!!

Thanks again,
Bryan

How do I save my AutoText file to transfer it to another PC? kd1s Microsoft Word Help 3 September 21st 05 07:39 AM
How do I move my autotext data from word2000 to office 2003 troyw Microsoft Word Help 2 December 14th 04 11:30 PM
AutoText Karen Microsoft Word Help 1 December 8th 04 03:08 PM
Autotext in footer pinkytoes Microsoft Word Help 2 December 2nd 04 09:09 AM
Font Problems in Autotext padmerpote Microsoft Word Help 0 November 23rd 04 07:01 PM