Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Troubador77

Default "Margin outside" = wrong size PDF output???? Urgent

Hi,

I have a 136 page book set to go to print, the printer needs a PDF file with
the pages at 6"w X 9"h. No problem. I've used several different PDF
converters, set the postscript custom page size to 6x9, and invariably, I get
output on 8.5 X 11.....

Now, my margins are set at:

Top: .7
Sides: .5
Bottom: .5
Header/Footer: .3
Gutter: .2

The margins are mirrored for making this a perfect bound book.

When I start the conversion, I get a notice telling me that my margins in
each of the books 4 sections are outside the pages printable area. Is this
the cause of the mis-sized PDF output? Any thoughts for a fix or work-around?
This thing neds to go to bed pronto, so I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks,

Joseph
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

FWIW, when I sent copy to a printer for a 6"x9" book, I had it set up on
8.5" x 11" (with appropriate margins) because that's what my desktop printer
can print (and he wanted hard copy as well as the PDF). He handled the
conversion of my 8.5" x 11" PDF to the size he needed.

"Troubador77" wrote in message
[...]

Print with the wrong paper size Shane Microsoft Word Help 0 December 6th 05 12:23 PM
Wrong Paper Size OC New Users 2 November 19th 05 12:45 AM
Mail merge data comes in wrong size font Why? Clarissa0046 Mailmerge 2 September 16th 05 06:06 AM
Document prints wrong size, locally Dynamo Microsoft Word Help 1 June 8th 05 05:20 PM
Word 2002 Mailmerge-gives wrong font size Noel S Pamfree Microsoft Word Help 3 March 1st 05 02:31 PM