Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MKeegs MKeegs is offline

Default Formatting Indexes

I am generating an index for an instruction manual. I usually use another
program for manuals, so I'm getting frustrated. I marked all my entries and
then generated the index, but realized that some of the words are bold in
the index and others aren't. I went back and modified each of the words
inside the quotation marks to the right of the XE symbol so that they are how
I want them to appear in the index, but they persist in being bolded. I have
tried everyway of getting them back to regular that I can think of, short of
un-bolding the actual term in the manual. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Henk57[_5_] Henk57[_5_] is offline

MKeegs;2034394 Wrote:
I am generating an index for an instruction manual. I usually use
another
program for manuals, so I'm getting frustrated. I marked all my
entries and
then generated the index, but realized that some of the words are bold
in
the index and others aren't. I went back and modified each of the words

inside the quotation marks to the right of the XE symbol so that they
are how
I want them to appear in the index, but they persist in being bolded.
I have
tried everyway of getting them back to regular that I can think of,
short of
un-bolding the actual term in the manual. Help!

Hi:
Could it be that you have different levels assigned to your marked
entries, and that one level is bold and the other isn't?
Henk

--
Henk57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MKeegs MKeegs is offline

"Henk57" wrote:

MKeegs;2034394 Wrote:
[...]

Yes, that was it, thank you very very much. I have gone back and removed
the tags from headings and placed them in paragraphs and the formatting is
correct. I appreciate it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sandie Scrivens Sandie Scrivens is offline

Don't go to the bother of changing the field code. Just selct the first
section of your index and format it how you want - font, size, colour, bold
or not etc. Then use the Format Painter to apply these attributes the other
sections of the index. Remember double clicking allows you paste format to
many - don't forget to deselct Format Painter when you have finished.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It is not necessary to format more than one index entry at a given level, as
all Index styles are set to update automatically by default. And if they
weren't, formatting the entries would be a waste of time, as the formatting
would be lost the next time the index was updated.

. ..