Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bav Bav is offline

Default Combining a / and a 0

How do I combine a / and a 0 so the / overprints the 0? I can't find a
special character or symbol and I don't know how to combine the two
characters. I'm using Microsoft Word 2003 on Windows XP.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm

Even though it's for a bar, you can use the same technique to combine any
two characters. I recently needed a symbol that looked like a capital Y in
Arial with a filled in dot inside. Those directions helped me create it.
(Thank you Suzanne!)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Bav" wrote in message
How do I combine a / and a 0 so the / overprints the 0? I can't find a
special character or symbol and I don't know how to combine the two
characters. I'm using Microsoft Word 2003 on Windows XP.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Does that do basically the same thing that the overbar directions do?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...Characters.htm

so
all may benefit.

"Bav" wrote in message
How do I combine a / and a 0 so the / overprints the 0? I can't find a
special character or symbol and I don't know how to combine the two
characters. I'm using Microsoft Word 2003 on Windows XP.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's just a bit more targeted. I found that people who wanted to combine
characters in this way often weren't reading to the bottom of the Overbar
article to find that information.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Does that do basically the same thing that the overbar directions do?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...Characters.htm

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Bav" wrote in message
How do I combine a / and a 0 so the / overprints the 0? I can't find a
special character or symbol and I don't know how to combine the two
characters. I'm using Microsoft Word 2003 on Windows XP.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I did. :-) And believe me, you were my hero that day!

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Bav" wrote in message
How do I combine a / and a 0 so the / overprints the 0? I can't find a
special character or symbol and I don't know how to combine the two
characters. I'm using Microsoft Word 2003 on Windows XP.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_85_] Henk57[_85_] is offline

Indeed. The OP means how to get Ø (either as Capital or as normal
character), used in Scandinavian languages. This can be inserted of
course via Insert/Symbol..

JoAnn Paules;2382814 Wrote:
I did. :-) And believe me, you were my hero that day!

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
...-
It's just a bit more targeted. I found that people who wanted to
combine
characters in this way often weren't reading to the bottom of the
Overbar
article to find that information.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
...-
Does that do basically the same thing that the overbar directions do?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
...-
See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...Characters.htm

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the--
newsgroup--
so
all may benefit.

"Bav" wrote in message
How do I combine a / and a 0 so the / overprints the 0? I can't find
special character or symbol and I don't know how to combine the two
characters. I'm using Microsoft Word 2003 on Windows XP.

Thanks.
-

-
-

--
Henk57

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Well of course you are! I just meant that that day you attained goddess
level worship.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]