Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Willie@cos Willie@cos is offline

Default print 5.5 x 8.5 pages side by side on a 8.5 x 11 landscape page

A printer has stated that he will reduce a 100,000 image print job cost if I
can privide a master copy where a physical page contains two side by side
copies of the same page, ie physical page 1 has two side by side copies of
logical page 1 and physical page 2 has two side by side copies of logical
page 2, etc, physical page 96 has two side by side copies of logical page 96.

I now know how to print two logical pages on on physical page. How do I
print the logical page and a copy of the logical page on the physical page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not easily. You have to print specific pages, specifying 1,1,2,2,3,3, etc.
There's a limit to the number of pages you can print at a time that way, but
I don't recall what the limit is. Needless to say, you don't want to type
all the way from 1 to 96 twice in one go, anyway, so you'll have to do the
pages in batches.

"Willie@cos" wrote in message
A printer has stated that he will reduce a 100,000 image print job cost if

can privide a master copy where a physical page contains two side by side
copies of the same page, ie physical page 1 has two side by side copies of
logical page 1 and physical page 2 has two side by side copies of logical
page 2, etc, physical page 96 has two side by side copies of logical page

96.

I now know how to print two logical pages on on physical page. How do I
print the logical page and a copy of the logical page on the physical

page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Willie@cos Willie@cos is offline

Default print 5.5 x 8.5 pages side by side on a 8.5 x 11 landscape pag

Suzanne - Thank you very much for picking up my two questions. Your
instruction. Word is a powerful application and meets most needs as this
exercise demonistrates. With your help we will be able to submit a 100 page
year book to the printers for a 1000 copies in the next few days.

"Willie@cos" wrote in message
A printer has stated that he will reduce a 100,000 image print job cost if

can privide a master copy where a physical page contains two side by side
copies of the same page, ie physical page 1 has two side by side copies of
logical page 1 and physical page 2 has two side by side copies of logical
page 2, etc, physical page 96 has two side by side copies of logical page

96.

I now know how to print two logical pages on on physical page. How do I
print the logical page and a copy of the logical page on the physical

page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I just wish there were an easier way to do this, or that the printer would
be satisfied with having pages 1 and 2, 3 and 4, etc., on the same page, or
even a booklet layout with 100+1, 2+99, etc.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not easily. You have to print specific pages, specifying 1,1,2,2,3,3,

etc.
There's a limit to the number of pages you can print at a time that way,

but
I don't recall what the limit is. Needless to say, you don't want to

type
all the way from 1 to 96 twice in one go, anyway, so you'll have to do

the
pages in batches.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.