Caterina J

Default How do I get 2 copies of same text side by side?

I am trying to print an invitation that will be 5.5" x 8.5" (a regular sized
sheet of paper in landscape mode) where the result will be 2 invitations
side-by-side ( in landscape mode). I am printing on cardstock that has a
design down the left side, and is designed to be cut in half after printing
to produce 2 separate (but equal) invitations. Thanks for the help. I am
working in Windows XP.

If you are using a version of Word that allows you to select "2 pages per
sheet" in the Print dialog, then you also have another option that is much
more satisfactory for this type of application: "2 pages per sheet" in the
Page Setup dialog. This allows you to treat each half of the page as if it
were a freestanding page. You can apply borders, add headers, footers, page
numbers, etc., but Word will print two of these "pages" on a single sheet.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 24 May 2005 16:59:01 -0700, "Caterina J" Caterina
wrote:

I am trying to print an invitation that will be 5.5" x 8.5" (a regular

sized
sheet of paper in landscape mode) where the result will be 2 invitations
side-by-side ( in landscape mode). I am printing on cardstock that has a
design down the left side, and is designed to be cut in half after

printing
to produce 2 separate (but equal) invitations. Thanks for the help. I

am
working in Windows XP.

Design the document in Word as if you were going to print it on a full
letter-size page, using fonts (and illustrations, if any) 55% to 60%
larger than you want on the final printout -- for example, to get 12
pt type in the output, enter it as 19 pt.

In the Print dialog, set the Pages Per Sheet box to 2 pages, and in
the Pages box enter
1,1
to make two copies of the same page. Word will turn your original 90
degrees and reduce it to about 65% of the original size to get two
copies on one sheet.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

JPIII

I use Word 2003 and neither of these optins are working for me.

Using the Print dialog just print a small version of my document. Using the
Page Setup just print 1 copy.

I have tried playing with document size to 8.5 x 5.5 but that hasn't worked
either.

wrote:

[...]

Using the option in Page Setup, create one copy and then copy/paste to "page
2."

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you are using a version of Word that allows you to select "2 pages

per
sheet" in the Print dialog, then you also have another option that is

much
more satisfactory for this type of application: "2 pages per sheet" in

the
Page Setup dialog. This allows you to treat each half of the page as if

it
were a freestanding page. You can apply borders, add headers, footers,

page
numbers, etc., but Word will print two of these "pages" on a single

sheet.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.