Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
johnthebaptist johnthebaptist is offline

Default Semi-enabled cursor in table cell

Running Office Standard 2007 on Visa Home Basic.

The cursor displays in the bottom half of the cell only. Above the text in
the lower half are numbers at the left margin, remnants of a numbered list
either automated or manual, both attempted in working with this table. The
cursor will not display in this section of the cell. I can't do anything
with these numbers.

The table has two columns: Date and Remarks. When I tab from Date to
Remarks in this row the entire Remarks cell area is selected: all the text
in the lower half and with a vertical bar to the right of the numbers in the
upper half.

Somehow or other this cell acquired a dashed border.

How do I clear the upper half of this cell (and others like it)?