citizen53

Default Does Word Have File Manager?

Is there a way to manage files in Word?

TF

Not really. You can manipulate the File Open and File Save dialogs. Firstly,
you can resize them to make the much large to display many more files: as
well being able to drag the dialogs using the normal dragging techniques,
you can also double-click the Titlebar to maximise it. If you resize it,
Word will remember the setting.

If you are in Detail View, you can change the columns displayed by
right-clicking on a column heading and choosing different information the
display.

You can also add and remove items from the Places Bar (the shortcuts on the
left side of the dialogs) and make the icons smaller to accommodate many
more Places. To add a 'place', navigate to the required Folder and Highlight
it, then use Tools, Add to MyPlaces.

So although there isn't proper File Manager, you can improve the layout of
the dialogs.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"citizen53" wrote in message
: Is there a way to manage files in Word?
:

Graham Mayor

You could use Windows Explorer to manage your files.

citizen53 wrote:
Is there a way to manage files in Word?

Brian Mailman

Amedee Van Gasse wrote:

citizen53 shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Is there a way to manage files in Word?

Why would you ever want to do that?

Sometimes when I see the Open File pane open with the file name listings
I realize I wish to rename a file, or delete it or move it to another
folder and it would be easy to do it right then and there rather than
fire up Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder.

B/
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Brian,

The dialog in File=Open will give you an Explorer
like interface and you can rename a file before opening
it. In the Task Pane you can click on 'More...'
choice in the "Open" section of the Getting Started
Task Pane will get you there as well.

======
"Brian Mailman" wrote in message ...
Sometimes when I see the Open File pane open with the file name listings
I realize I wish to rename a file, or delete it or move it to another
folder and it would be easy to do it right then and there rather than
fire up Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder.

B/
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Brian,

Yes, many of the usual 'explorer' context (right click)
functions are available through the File=Open/File=Save
dialogs.

========