MGS

Default How do I change ALL fractions like smart tag does 1/2

How do you change ALL fractions like the smart tag does on 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4?
Graham Mayor

You don't, but see there is a variety of possibilities - see:

http://www.gmayor.com/createfraction.htm
or
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Insert_For..._Fractions.htm
or
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...teFraction.htm

MGS wrote:
How do you change ALL fractions like the smart tag does on 1/4, 1/2
and 3/4?

Greg Maxey

MGS,

Graham posted the link to my old page and I am not smart enough to figure
out how to redirect it to the correct page.

See:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Formatted_Fractions.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

MGS wrote:
How do you change ALL fractions like the smart tag does on 1/4, 1/2
and 3/4?

Greg Maxey

Graham,

Here is the new link:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Formatted_Fractions.htm

Looks like I need to figure out how to redirect if I change the links on my
page.

--

MGS wrote:
How do you change ALL fractions like the smart tag does on 1/4, 1/2
and 3/4?

Graham Mayor

I'll change my link - that'll be a start

Greg Maxey wrote:
Graham,

Here is the new link:

MGS wrote:
How do you change ALL fractions like the smart tag does on 1/4, 1/2
and 3/4?

Amedee Van Gasse

Greg Maxey shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Graham,

Here is the new link:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Formatted_Fractions.htm

Looks like I need to figure out how to redirect if I change the links
on my page.

You have a plethora of possibilities.
* If you run your own Apache webserver, use rewrite rules (mod_rewrite).
Advantage: you don't need old files lying around.
* If you run IIS, it probably has something similar, but I'm not
familiar with the "specials" of IIS.
* Make good use of HTTP Protocol Error Code 301 (moved permanently)
* If your website is hosted and you can't control the server, leave a
small file with the old name, containing a META Refresh tag, and a link
for browsers that don't support refresh.
Disadvantage: cruft - you have to keep the old file names.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?
Greg

Amedee,

I am using your suggestion 4. I know I don't run my own web server. I
have know idea if I run IIS or not. I have know idea how to make use
(poor or good) of HTTP Protocol Error Code 301. Thanks

Amedee Van Gasse

Greg shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Amedee,

I am using your suggestion 4. I know I don't run my own web server.

It's not difficult!
http://16augustus2002.be
;-)