Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nick Nick is offline

Default Insert Object from open Excel file

Greetings,

I think I may have possibly found a bug, but I want to see if anyone else
knew a solution to this issue. My issue is:

While Word 2007 is open and Excel 2007 is open, I use the insert - object
- From File - choose the open Excel workbook - check display as icon -
click ok. The workbook is inserted in the word document, however, this makes
the inserted file into an Excel 2003 document which is ran in compatibility
mode and crops the amount of rows down to 65536. If I did the same
procedures with the same workbook and this time the workbook is closed, it
will insert the workbook as an Excel 2007 workbook with no issues. Anyone
know of a solution to this issue?

--
Nick