Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Final Showing Markup Word 2003 Final Showing Markup Word 2003 is offline

Default Word 2003 Opening in Word Final Showing Mark up

I can't stand this feature. I really want to just open my documents in Final
format. If I choose to edit the document and want to track it, I know my
options. Does someone know how to change this automatic default? I have seen
something written for Word 2007, but that doesn't seem to work for Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie garfield-n-odie is offline

If there are no tracked changes or comments in your document, then Final view
would look the same as Final Showing Markup view. Word 2002 and later
versions open in Final Showing Markup view to let you know that your document
contains tracked changes and/or comments, and to save you possible grief from
inadvertently sending the document out that way. But if you really want to
turn this feature off, you can do so in Word 2002 or 2003 by clicking on
Tools | Options | Security | uncheck the "Make hidden markup visible when
opening or saving" box | OK.