Keith-Earl

Default Help with a Header/Detail relationship merge

Hello,

I am running Word 2002 SP3. I currently print our monthly invoices from a
"flat file" (unnormalized table) in MS Access. It works great: one invoice
per record.

Now I want to show line items on my invoice. I think I must somehow add a
sub-document on my existing form to house the new line items. In that
sub-document I will have to tell the query (or Word) to only select the line
items for that particular invoice. How do I do that?

I will gladly by a book or upgrade to Word 2003 if that help.

Many Thanks,

Keith

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Keith-Earl,

You'll find a short discussion on three possible approaches, with links to
instructions and sample files in the mail merge FAQ on my website. Try the
DATABASE field one, first, I think...

I am running Word 2002 SP3. I currently print our monthly invoices from a
"flat file" (unnormalized table) in MS Access. It works great: one invoice
per record.

Now I want to show line items on my invoice. I think I must somehow add a
sub-document on my existing form to house the new line items. In that
sub-document I will have to tell the query (or Word) to only select the line
items for that particular invoice. How do I do that?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Keith-Earl

Thank you, Cindy. I did find this page:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

But cannot find the articles you are referring to. Please direct me to
those articles.

Thanks,

Keith

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi Keith-Earl,

You'll find a short discussion on three possible approaches, with links to
instructions and sample files in the mail merge FAQ on my website. Try the
DATABASE field one, first, I think...

I am running Word 2002 SP3. I currently print our monthly invoices from
"flat file" (unnormalized table) in MS Access. It works great: one
invoice
per record.

Now I want to show line items on my invoice. I think I must somehow add
sub-document on my existing form to house the new line items. In that
sub-document I will have to tell the query (or Word) to only select the
line
items for that particular invoice. How do I do that?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Keith-Earl,

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

But cannot find the articles you are referring to. Please direct me to
those articles.

"Multiple items per condition" in the Special Merges section.