Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GPdriver GPdriver is offline

Default How can I retain horizontal spacing between form entries?

I'm creating a form for general use and I have a line with a text field of up
to 45 characters that can be typed in. To the right, there are 2 fields with
check boxes. Whenever I type in less than 8 chars in the text fld, I lose the
space between the flds. As I type 8 or more chars, the right flds start
tabbing over. Example:
DESC__________________________ Need [ ] Have [ ]

"DESC" can be anywhere from 1 to 45 bytes. I want the "NEED" and "HAVE"
fields to stay exactly where they are, whether a short or long description if
typed in.

I'm using Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Insert a table, one row and three columns. Put each form field in a
separate cell.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman