Shannon T

Default Hide text from printing - can view text on document

I need to be able to view the text in the document, but when printed, i do
not want to see the text. Any suggestions?
Word
Richard Neville

Using the Font menu, make the text you don't want to print into Hidden Text.
In the Tools-Options-Print menu, uncheck Hidden Text to avoid printing it.

"Shannon T" Shannon wrote in message
I need to be able to view the text in the document, but when printed, i do
not want to see the text. Any suggestions?
Word

Jay Freedman

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:27:04 -0800, Shannon T Shannon
wrote:

I need to be able to view the text in the document, but when printed, i do
not want to see the text. Any suggestions?
Word

Hi Shannon,

Here are a few suggestions -- I'm not sure which will work best for
you.

1. Format the text in question with the Hidden font attribute (you can
do this directly, or define a character style that includes Hidden and
apply that style to the text). Then check the Hidden checkbox in Tools
Options View, and uncheck the Hidden checkbox in Tools Options

Print. That will cause the formatted text to appear on screen but not
in the printout. The space it would have occupied will collapse,
causing the printed text to move leftward and/or upward.

2. Create a character style and apply it to the text in question. When
you're viewing the document on screen, leave the style's font color as
Automatic or black. Before you print the document, modify the style
definition so the font color is white. Print, then change the style
definition back again. In this case, the space used by the selected
text will be retained in the printout, but empty.

3. Use either 1 or 2, and write a macro named FilePrint (and possibly
another called FilePrintDefault to handle the print button on the
toolbar) to intercept the print command and make the necessary changes
automatically. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...tSavePrint.htm.

--
Regards,