Dave

Default Changing column width in copied text

Hi,

When copying text in a column to a new document, I'd like the text to
fill the page from the left to right margin. However I'd like to keep such
formatting as paragraph breaks. What's the simplest way? Thanks.

Joe McGuire

That's what I thought it did anyway. Perhaps you are bringing formatting,
including margins, from your other document, particularly styles. In that
case try using Paste Special (Edit, Paste Special, Unformatted Text). That
will preserve your paragraph breaks. It actually accomodates the incoming
text to the style at the point of insertion rather than bringing the style
from the original document so it should match whatever formatting you
already have there. If that does not work then try applying the style you
want for the text; you may have to go through the drill of "modifying" the
style without actually changing anything (be sure to uncheck Automatically
Update) and then reapplying it. If you have some locally-applied formatting
from the original I would suggest first applying Clear Formatting to the
text and then apply the desired style.

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi,

When copying text in a column to a new document, I'd like the text to
fill the page from the left to right margin. However I'd like to keep such
formatting as paragraph breaks. What's the simplest way? Thanks.

CyberTaz

Another thing that goes along with Joe's points is that if you are copying
the content of the _last_ column and include the last ¶, the column
formatting will be copied over as well. Make sure you have the Show/Hide
button pressed and avoid selecting that last marker when you copy.

HTH |:)

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi,

When copying text in a column to a new document, I'd like the text to
fill the page from the left to right margin. However I'd like to keep such
formatting as paragraph breaks. What's the simplest way? Thanks.

Dave

Thanks Everyone, I'll try these things. ................Dave