Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nimmo

Default how do i use voice recognition ?

is there voice recognition in microsoft word 2007 beta?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Nimmo,

Dicatation is no longer shipping with MS Office after the 2003 edition. It's a 'Windows feature' and that team has taken back
ownership of it. You may want to use the link below to check with the MS Desktop Speech folks on what their recommended method is
for implementing dictation and command mode in Office 2007 in either Windows XP or Windows Vista.

=======
--
Please let us know if this has helped,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS
A. Specific newsgroup/discussion group mentioned in this message:
or via browser:
http://microsoft.com/communities/new...speech.desktop

B. MS Office Community discussion/newsgroups via Web Browser
http://microsoft.com/office/communit...s/default.mspx
or
Microsoft hosted newsgroups via Outlook Express/newsreader

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lynnvance lynnvance is offline

I have Word also from Office 2000--ther is no 'speech' under tools to click
on, although that is what I'm told you do to get to voice recognition.
Perhaps your 2007 has it-look under tools.

is there voice recognition in microsoft word 2007 beta?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

Office 2000 doesn't include voice recognition. I think that was a new
feature in Office XP.
Office 2007 doesn't have any menus anymore, so there is no Tools menu to
look under.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

news

"nimmo" wrote:

is there voice recognition in microsoft word 2007 beta?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Lynn,

As far as I know, Word 2000 does not support speech recognition.

Strictly speaking, the Language Tools are a part of Windows Xp (and can
also be used with Windows 2000 SR3).

Right-Click the Taskbar, Point to Toolbars and click on Language bar. If the
option is there, the Language bar will appear at the Right hand end of the
Taskbar.

Right-click the Language bar and click Restore Language bar.

Use StartHelp and Support
to get more information if you do NOT see it ('Language Tools').

When the Language bar is restored (floating on screen) all the options (for
Handwriting, Dictation, Ink and Voice command) are available there - so that
ToolsSpeech in Word becomes redundant.

The Language Tools (from the Language bar) seem to work perfectly with
Word 2007.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

news

"nimmo" wrote:

is there voice recognition in microsoft word 2007 beta?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rahul Rahul is offline

Default How Can I define Grammer

Hi To All,

I want To write my own grammer. Basically I am trying an application which
converts voice into text irrespetive of the wheather the statemetnt is
syntactically correct. Can Anyone Help me / if anyone has developed it can i
have it Or atleast the tool which is used to create grammer & how to use it.