Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joyce Smythe Joyce Smythe is offline

Default Merging labels for name tags

I am trying to print name tags using the mail merge. These name tags are for
use at a convention. There will be colored dots to indicate meal purchases
at this convention. I have the data in an excel spreadsheet along with meals
purchased. When I set up the name tag wizard I put two tables on the name
tag. First table includes the attendees first name. The second table
includes 5 cells, one for every meal. In order to get the dots to appear I
am formatting the second table using the font "webdings" in order to get a
colored dot. Word doesn't seem to like the webding and when I go to do the
final merge it just shuts down completely. Any ideas as to why and is there
another way I can do this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What name tag wizard is this? As far as Word is concerned, name tags are
labels. Tables within labels are the likely problem. See
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm - the principle is much the
same. Use a conditional field to insert the dots

{IF {Mergefield Fieldname} = "whatever is in the field" "Put your coloured
dot here"} etc

Merging Labels BigMac Mailmerge 13 April 3rd 07 05:38 PM
merging labels with zipcode with additional four digits Mission Possible or Impossible Mailmerge 1 July 27th 06 12:20 AM
Merging labels from excel starts second page with second record Debbie Mailmerge 1 February 8th 06 07:17 PM
merging labels RobertJ Mailmerge 2 August 23rd 05 09:44 PM
Merging labels made in Word 2002 with a document in Works 2004 GrandmaG New Users 1 December 16th 04 02:19 AM