Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
snowball51055 snowball51055 is offline

Default Collapsing a file then saving, then reopening it.

When I collapse a file then save it why does it not stay collapsed when I
reopen it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What do you mean by "collapse"?

"snowball51055" wrote in message
When I collapse a file then save it why does it not stay collapsed when I
reopen it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
snowball51055 snowball51055 is offline

When you have your file in "outline", you can collapse it to only show the
main title rows. The rest of the text is hidden, so you only see the main
titles, not the subtitles.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What do you mean by "collapse"?

"snowball51055" wrote in message
When I collapse a file then save it why does it not stay collapsed when I
reopen it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I take it you are viewing it in Outline view. I don't believe you can
control how it opens in that view.

"snowball51055" wrote in message
When you have your file in "outline", you can collapse it to only show the
main title rows. The rest of the text is hidden, so you only see the main
titles, not the subtitles.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What do you mean by "collapse"?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"snowball51055" wrote in

message
When I collapse a file then save it why does it not stay collapsed

when I
reopen it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lori Lori is offline

I am having the same exact problem! I need this for a class I am taking,
too! PLEASE HELP!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I take it you are viewing it in Outline view. I don't believe you can
control how it opens in that view.

"snowball51055" wrote in message
When you have your file in "outline", you can collapse it to only show the
main title rows. The rest of the text is hidden, so you only see the main
titles, not the subtitles.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What do you mean by "collapse"?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"snowball51055" wrote in

message

File saving anomaly MSNews New Users 2 January 19th 07 04:19 PM
HOw to decrypt a word doc Yasser Shahzad Qureshi Microsoft Word Help 10 April 21st 06 11:08 PM
How to creat relative and shorthand file path names? 2dogs Microsoft Word Help 1 May 15th 05 12:11 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM