Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George George is offline

Default Protect Form not availble

I've made a word 2003 document, but I am unable to uset he protect document
feature either from the tools menu or the forms toolbar. Can anyone tell me
why this is?

PS:I suspect you inserted controls from the Controls Toolbox rather than
formfields from the forms toolbar. You may have to start your document over
from scratch and copy text content into the new document.

Is there a way to fix this without redoing everything from
scratch??????????????????????????????????????????? ???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CS Hayes CS Hayes is offline

You may be able to unprotect the document and make changes but any
information in the form fields will be lost.

Go to tools
Protect Document
(you more than likely, if done by accident, did not enter a password if so
just click "OK"

You'll be able to edit

--
Chris Hayes