Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wellsie wellsie is offline

Default Great big view at software level

Hello, I changed the view of Microsoft Word at the software level so I could
see it better, but now it's just too big. I cannot remember how to change it
back. Can someone help me?
--
Wellsie in KC
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Wellsie:

How about View Zoom and changing the magnification? That will work for
Normal and Page Layout views. Print Preview also has zoom settings related to
how many pages you see in your window, and uses a zoom tool that toggles in
and out.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

"wellsie" wrote:

Hello, I changed the view of Microsoft Word at the software level so I could
see it better, but now it's just too big. I cannot remember how to change it
back. Can someone help me?
--
Wellsie in KC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wellsie wellsie is offline

Thanks, Bear. That helps on a particular document, but since I changed the
view at the software level, when I open a document in Word or Excel and have
a webpage open, it makes the web page huge and I can't read all of it (cuts
off a big portion of the webpage).
--
Wellsie in KC

"wellsie" wrote:

Hello, I changed the view of Microsoft Word at the software level so I could
see it better, but now it's just too big. I cannot remember how to change it
back. Can someone help me?
--
Wellsie in KC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Wellsie:

Did you by chance change your monitor settings? Try right-clicking any open
spot on the desktop, then click Properties and choose the Settings tab.
Selecting higher resolutions will make the items on your desktop smaller.

If that's not what you did, maybe you need to review Start Settings
Control Panel Accessibility Options. Mabye you selected an option for
vision-impared users that makes everything larger.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

"wellsie" wrote:

Hello, I changed the view of Microsoft Word at the software level so I could
see it better, but now it's just too big. I cannot remember how to change it
back. Can someone help me?
--
Wellsie in KC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wellsie wellsie is offline

Darn - it worked for that particular document, but when I leave MS Word and
return, it is big again (and still affects the open webpage). I wonder how I
can make sure the monitor settings are saved. I set them, then clicked
"apply", but that didn't work.
--
Wellsie in KC

"wellsie" wrote:

Hello, I changed the view of Microsoft Word at the software level so I could
see it better, but now it's just too big. I cannot remember how to change it
back. Can someone help me?
--
Wellsie in KC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Wellsie:

Changes you make by right-clicking your desktop and choosing Properties
Settings apply to all applications. You have to click OK, not just Apply.

Close all applications, get to the Settings tab as described, or by clicking
Start Settings Control Panel Display Settings, make your adjustments,
click Apply to preview them, then click OK to save them.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

"wellsie" wrote:

Hello, I changed the view of Microsoft Word at the software level so I could
see it better, but now it's just too big. I cannot remember how to change it
back. Can someone help me?
--
Wellsie in KC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wellsie wellsie is offline

I clicked Apply, then OK, but still have the same problem. It seems that I
set my view in an application provided on the Internet, but can't find it.
Apparently, that setting is overriding my manual settings....

--
Wellsie in KC

"wellsie" wrote:

Hello, I changed the view of Microsoft Word at the software level so I could
see it better, but now it's just too big. I cannot remember how to change it
back. Can someone help me?
--
Wellsie in KC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Wellsie:

I'm sorry, but you seem to be outside the scope of a Word problem at this
point. I'm afraid I've exhausted my supply of suggestions for simple fixes.

You should be able to restore your machine to a point before you made
whatever change you made, but that's also something I'm not able to give you
detailed instructions on.

Sorry I couldn't help you solve this.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

"wellsie" wrote:

Hello, I changed the view of Microsoft Word at the software level so I could
see it better, but now it's just too big. I cannot remember how to change it
back. Can someone help me?
--
Wellsie in KC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sigr sigr is offline

Possible help:
While looking at your browser, hold down the CTL key and scroll your mouse
wheel. IE will keep that setting.

SigR

"wellsie" wrote:

Hello, I changed the view of Microsoft Word at the software level so I could
see it better, but now it's just too big. I cannot remember how to change it
back. Can someone help me?
--
Wellsie in KC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wellsie wellsie is offline

SigR and Bear - thanks for trying to help me. I've tried all of your
suggestions, but to no avail. I'll give Microsoft a call.

Thanks,
--
Wellsie in KC