Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mrs. M Mrs. M is offline

Default Problems with a header??? Word 2007

I am working on several resumes - am relatively new to 2007 but am finding my
way around ok till now...Need to have objects placed at the top of a document
- shapes & text - had it all done - colored, etc...when I try and print it it
leaves a white space at the top and cuts off parts of it - tried adjusting
margins - no luck. Any suggestions? Next question - how do I get these
objects I made to repeat on the top of each page (like a header) once they
are aligned properly and print the way I want them? Am new to Word 2007...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

To have stuff repeat on each page, it need to be in the header view. Insert
Header?

Most printers are unable to print to the edge of the page - but see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...sDontPrint.htm

Mrs. M wrote:
I am working on several resumes - am relatively new to 2007 but am
finding my way around ok till now...Need to have objects placed at
the top of a document - shapes & text - had it all done - colored,
etc...when I try and print it it leaves a white space at the top and
cuts off parts of it - tried adjusting margins - no luck. Any
suggestions? Next question - how do I get these objects I made to
repeat on the top of each page (like a header) once they are aligned
properly and print the way I want them? Am new to Word 2007...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kaja Kaja is offline

As far as the first part of your question I am confused but I can tell how to
add a header that will print on each page. In Word 2007 Go to Insert on the
menu then Header. That should resolve part of the problem. I am thinking
about the other part of your issue and you could put stuff in a text box and
it should print allright. Or put a border around the document and print it
that way. Go under page layout for this. Utilize print preview to see how
then document will print. It may just take some fiddling. Let me know if
this works.