Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Neasa Neasa is offline

Default Why do I have to type a space after an apostrophe?

I'm using Office 2000 and if I type an apostrophe I have to press space bar
before the next character, otherwise the next character becomes accented.

Is there a way to turn off this option as I very rarely need to accent a
character but I do often need to type an apostrophe!

Thanks for your help.