Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jrw1126 jrw1126 is offline

Default Word 2007 endnote marker problem

I am having problems with with the endnote marker numbers: they are appearing
in the middle of the line rather than being positioned as superscripts.

To clarify, the regular text superscripts are formatted as they should be,
but the numbers marking the endnotes are hovering in the middle of the line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-jordan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Make sure to set the superscript attribute in the Endnote Reference style.
Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S. If you can see the style in the Styles task pane,
right-click it and click Modify. If you cannot see the style, click the
Manage Styles button and then locate the style on the Edit tab. Click the
Modify button.

In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, and then click Font. Click
"Superscript" so that it is checked. Click OK. You are now back in the
Modify Style dialog box. Make sure to check the "New documents based on this
template" button, and click OK.

If the above doesn't help, use the Find and Replace dialog box (press
Ctrl+H) to re-apply the Endnote Reference style to the endnotes numbers:

Find what: ^e

Replace with: (Specify the Endnote Reference style: click the More button,
click Format, Style, and choose the Endnote Reference style.)

Click Replace All.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jrw1126" wrote in message
I am having problems with with the endnote marker numbers: they are
appearing
in the middle of the line rather than being positioned as superscripts.

To clarify, the regular text superscripts are formatted as they should be,
but the numbers marking the endnotes are hovering in the middle of the
line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-jordan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jrw1126 jrw1126 is offline

Thanks Stefan,

Unfortunately neither of those suggestions fixed the problem. I could not
see any effect from the first suggestion. The second suggestion actually
just erased all of the footnotes. Does it matter that the document that I'm
editing in Word 2007 is in 2003 format?

Thanks again for your help,
jordan

"jrw1126" wrote in message
I am having problems with with the endnote marker numbers: they are
appearing
in the middle of the line rather than being positioned as superscripts.

To clarify, the regular text superscripts are formatted as they should be,
but the numbers marking the endnotes are hovering in the middle of the
line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-jordan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The version of Word should make no difference.

Did you make sure not to type anything in the "Replace with" box, and to
specify the style to replace with by clicking Format, Style, selecting the
Endnote Reference style in the list?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

"jrw1126" wrote in message
I am having problems with with the endnote marker numbers: they are
appearing
in the middle of the line rather than being positioned as superscripts.

To clarify, the regular text superscripts are formatted as they should
be,
but the numbers marking the endnotes are hovering in the middle of the
line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-jordan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jrw1126 jrw1126 is offline

Yes, I made sure that I did not type anything into the "replace with" box,
and I followed the previous instructions quite closely.

"jrw1126" wrote in message
I am having problems with with the endnote marker numbers: they are
appearing
in the middle of the line rather than being positioned as superscripts.

To clarify, the regular text superscripts are formatted as they should
be,
but the numbers marking the endnotes are hovering in the middle of the
line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-jordan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm running out of ideas. It definitely should be working!

If you want to, I can take a look at the document. Send it to
.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP